Wednesday, 6 April, 2022
AI, data, analytics, tech business news and insights – April 2022
Artificial Intelligence is one of the most critical technologies of this century.
The development and application of AI technology change daily. To be ahead of the curve, I spend a lot of time analysing, filtering and distilling the latest insights for all my clients.
Here are just a few interesting AI, ML, Big data, analytics, business, and technology news articles that caught my eye this month. So that you know, this news will focus more on business rather than technology.
Please feel free to share with others.
AI in business – April 2022
- AI sports tickets – Italian’s Serie A club Roma is developing AI to aid in managing the ticketing system. The main aim is to offer targeted marketing opportunities. (News)
- AI video streaming partnerships – Good to have solid blocks. Confluent streaming service strengthens collaboration with Microsoft to offer more powerful Azure, cloud and technology capabilities.
- AI festival – WAICF – AI Cannes festival announced on April 14-16, 2022, featuring the latest in AI. You will be able to learn about technology from leaders.
- Mastercard acquires Dynamic yield – Mastercard has purchased dynamic creation from McDonald’s to help bolster AI personalisation plans with their 2,000 data scientists and engineers.
- Intel acquires AI company – Intel has acquired Granulate, a Tel Aviv-based AI software developer that optimises cloud and data centres. This an exciting development for intel.
- Boeing and Google forces – Boeing forms a partnership with Google to help fulfil its digital (Cloud, AI, analytics) aerospace ambitions.
AI use in industry – April 2022
- AI fruit growing – the University of Aberdeen is developing AI to forecast fruit harvest for the fruit industry. Accurate fruit forecasting could help yield better and reduce costs in the industry. (Article)
- AI waste management – Waste management is a vital industry. AI can be a handy tool in overcoming challenges. (Article)
AI technology – April 2022
- AI with 540 Billion parameters – Google outlines Pathways Language Model PaLM, based on 540 Billion parameters with excellent performance. Google tested the new model with a natural language interface, common-sense reasoning, In-context reading comprehension, question-answering and more.
- Data bricks live tables – Databricks, the AI company and pioneer of the data lakehouse, has announced a new ELT framework for building simple data pipelines.
- HP putting AI in space – HP has completed 24 experiments onboard the International Space Station, including AI and edge computing. (News)
AI in government – April 2022
- EU lags behind US and China in AI – A new report by AI watch – A recent report by AI watch Index reports on how the EU lags behind US and China in AI. (News)
- New Scottish AI chief executive – Brian hills has been appointed new chief executive of Scotland’s innovation centre for data and artificial intelligence. (News)
- Australian government invests $44m – Great initiative to help small and medium-sized SMEs in Australia. (News)
AI Surveys and research – April 2022
- 2022 AI contact centre research – Latest in using AI in contact centres. I.e. the use of chatbots and AI strategy. (News)
- Technology rules? – UK house of Lords report on technology (Report)
- EU AI – EU is falling behind the US and China for AI. The new iteration of the AI watch index (Report)