Artificial Intelligence is one of the most important technologies this century.
The development and application of AI technology changes daily. In order to be ahead of the curve, I spend a lot of time analysing, filtering and distilling the latest insights for all my clients.
Here are just a few interesting AI, ML, Big data, analytics, business, and technology news articles that caught my eye this month. Please free free share with others.
Microsoft and Babylon health join forces to use AI/ML to improve healthcare especially to be affordable. Their strap line is ‘from sick care to preventative healthcare’. Babylon is looking to drive innovation in healthcare and already have an AI-powered symptom checker and Healthcheck services.
- The AI health industry is massive and good news for health as well as the companies. It is projected that market size of AI healthcare is $2291.2 million by 2026.
- Fusing two super heavyweights can create bigger opportunity
First Canada and now Australia claim that Clearview AI has broken privacy laws. Their system that allows users to upload a photo of their face and find matches from a vast database of citizens has been deemed to have breached privacy laws in Australia. Their technology has been deemed a breach of privacy and unreasonably intrusive.
NATO have setup a new AI defence strategy to help future defence measures. The AI strategy places AI at the heart of collective defence, crisis management and cooperative security initiatives. The hope that AI will give greater insights as well investment into AI security technology.
- One of the greatest strengths of AI is monitoring and filtering data. This is perfect for counter surveillance.
- Part of the strategy is to invest in a fund that will help develop AI and technology further.
- Highlights the importance of new emerging disruptive technology.
Great TED talk with Jeff Dean and Chris Anderson talk about new AI Google called pathways. The new AI technology could transform the way AI will be developed in the future. Rather than building separate algorithm models, you could use one super adaptive one that can handle different types of data easily. Great discussion:
- One of the greatest problems with AI is that you have to develop separate algorithm model each time. This will cut development time by a lot.
- One of the best aspects of Pathways is that newer AI projects can use results of other Pathways data or algorithms. This makes it faster and easier to centralise AI as well speed up production.
Microsoft launch Azure OpenAI. This means that Open AI’s ground-breaking NLP model. This is a huge step towards wider NLP adoption.
Thank you so much for reading. If you would like advice with anything to do with AI, finding the best technology partners (The AI finder) to organising an AI strategy, please don’t hesitate to contact me.