Artificial Intelligence is one of the most critical technologies of this century.
The development and application of AI technology change daily. To be ahead of the curve, I spend a lot of time analysing, filtering and distilling the latest insights for all my clients.
Here are just a few interesting AI, ML, Big data, analytics, business, and technology news and articles that caught my eye this month. So that you know, this news will focus more on business rather than technology.
Please feel free to share with others.
AI in business – June 2022
AI is being used heavily in the commercial sector. I like to see how it is being used to good effect. This can help other businesses get the best out of the technology.
- Echobot + Leedfeeder merge – Two companies combine to create a ground-breaking AI-powered sales intelligence and go-to-market platform.
- Sybotic shares jump – Symbotic Inc shares rose 16% after Walmart disclosed an 11.1 stake in the company. Sybotic or an AI, automated robotics bases supply chain management system.
- Canvass AI – Canvass AI has just had its patent granted for its industrial AI platform.
- Nala robotics – Nala has just released its restaurant-as-a-service platform with AI and robots. They demo a fully automated robotic and AI-assisted pizza restaurant.
Brief insight – The Nala technology is a learning ecosystem driven by AI. It can adapt and improve as it cooks, regardless of the menu. The robots can make up to 50 pizzas an hour, 24/7. This represents a considerable saving. Although this would only work with bespoke food orders as mass, production food will always be able to come in at lower unit costs after overheads.
- Climate partnership – Accenture, Microsoft and Avanade expand collaboration to examine organisations’ sustainability challenges.
AI in fintech – June 2022
Many companies/start-ups are harnessing the power of AI. Here I feature a few this month:
AI technology – June 2022
Every week new AI technology is released, creating exciting new opportunities. Here is a few this month:
- AI learns from video – OpenAI has developed AI that can train from videos. They used Minecraft as an example and taught from YouTube videos.
- Amazon autocoder for Github – Amazon has announced CodeWhisperer, a GitHub Copilot-like programming tool.
- Amazon virtual image creator – Amazon announced Ground Truth Synthetics, a new tool for creating a virtually unlimited number of images of a given object. This synthetic data is perfect for training models when information is short.
- Google release Parti/Imagen – Google research has just released their new superelastic image generation models.
- IKEA AI-Driven App – Ikea has launched an AI-driven app that helps customers create room designs.
- 20 billion parameter – Cerebras systems, maker of the world’s largest processor, has broken the record for the most complex AI model trained on a single processor.
- China’s huge AI model– The world’s first ‘brain-scale’ AI model with over 174 trillion parameters!
- IBM AI Boat – The self-sailing Mayflower by IBM has crossed the Atlantic for the first time.
- Landing AI launch landing edge – Landing AI, a leading industrial AI innovator, has brought out Landing Edge. This new AI edge deployment application helps deploy deep learning visual inspection solutions to the factory floor.
- New AI chips with lower power – Texas Instruments have developed new AM62 processors that allow edge AI processing with reduced power consumption.
- Canvass.ai secure patent – Canvass has managed to secure a patent for its industrial AI platform. The system allows employees to get more significant insights, better decision-making, and reduce complexity.
AI research – June 2022
Over the past five years, there has been an explosion of research into AI. Every week, a new study is released, and opportunities are created. Here is a few this month:
AI Surveys, reports and research – June 2022
One of the most excellent ways to benchmark thinking is by looking at the latest international reports. Here are some featured this month:
AI in government – June 2022
In any organisation, you should keep an eye on AI legislation. This is a brief take around the world.
- Governance toolkit – The Singapore government has designed a toolkit to check the governance of AI. Maybe a credible idea for all governments to have?
AI deeper thinking and opinion – June 2022
AI is developing at a considerable pace; it is sometimes good to take stock and look at the possibilities, opportunities as well as potential issues. Here are a few interesting articles this month:
- The Google engineer who thinks the company’s AI has come to life – AI is besieged with arguments with levels of intelligence. This article has created an internet storm about the intelligence of modern AI.
Brief insight – I believe in developing an intelligence scale for AI. This way, we can gauge the level of intelligence and barometer for new AI development.
- No minds without other minds – On Artificial Intelligence And The Nature Of Animal Consciousness
- Truth about AI ROI – An interesting article on measuring AI ROI.
Brief insight – There are aspects of this article I’m afraid I have to disagree with. I think that all AI, like any aspect of a business, should be measured. By measuring ROI, you can focus on the focus and effectiveness of the AI. Without an ROI, the temptation will be to produce AI rather than make it effective AI.
I invest many hours researching the latest AI, technology, and business trends for all my clients. The knowledge is refined, distilled, and combined with many other forms of analysis and expertise to give the best advice possible.
I can get the best out of AI by:
- Spotting the latest AI opportunities for your company
- Pinpointing the best AI experts for your project or company
- Giving the best advice on AI strategy and approach
- Helping extract the most value out of AI
- …and lots more, please feel free to contact me today