Artificial Intelligence is one of the most important technologies this century.
The development and application of AI technology changes daily. In order to be ahead of the curve, I spend a lot of time analysing, filtering and distilling the latest insights for all my clients.
Here are just a few interesting AI, ML, Big data, analytics, business, and technology news and articles that caught my eye this month. Please note that this news is going to focus more on business rather than technology.
Please free free share with others.
AI in business – June 2022
AI is being used heavily in the commercial sector. I like to see how it is being used to good affect. This can help other businesses get the best out of the technology.
- Echobot + Leedfeeder merge – Two companies merge to create a ground-breaking AI-powered sales intelligence and go-to-market platform.
- Sybotic shares jump – Symbotic Inc shares rose 16% after Walmart disclosed 11.1 stake in the company. Sybotic or an AI, automated robotics bases supply chain management system.
- Canvass AI – Canvass AI has just had its patent granted for its industrial AI platform.
- Nala robotics – Nala have just released its restaurant-as-a-service platform with AI and robots. They demo a fully automated robotic and AI assisted pizza restaurant.
Brief insight – The Nala technology is a learning eco system driven by AI. It is able to adapt and improve as it cooks regardless of menu. The robots are able to make upto 50 pizzas an hour 24/7. This represents a considerable saving. Although, this would probably only work with bespoke food orders as mass production food will always be able to come in at a lower unit costs after overheads.
- Climate partnership – Accenture, Microsoft and Avanade expand partnership to look at organisations sustainability challenges.
AI in fintech – June 2022
Many companies/start-ups are harnessing the power of AI. Here I feature a few this month:
AI technology – June 2022
Every week new AI technology is released, creating exciting new opportunities. Here are a few this month:
- AI learns from video – OpenAI have developed AI that can train from videos. They used Minecraft as an example and trained from YouTube videos.
- Amazon autocoder for Github – Amazon have announced CodeWhisperer, a github Copilot-like programming tool.
- Amazon virtual image creator – Amazon announced Ground Truth Synthetics, a new tool for creating a virtually unlimited number of images of a given object. This synthetic data is perfect for training models when data is short.
- Google release Parti/Imagen – Google research have just released their new superealistic image generation models.
- IKEA AI-Driven App – Ikea have launched an AI-driven app that helps customers create room designs.
- 20 billion parameter – Cerebras systems, maker of the world’s largest processor, has broken the record for the most complex AI model trained on a single processor.
- China’s huge AI model– The worlds first ‘brain-scale’ AI model with over 174 trillion parameters!
- IBM AI Boat – The self-sailing Mayflower by IBM has crossed the Atlantic for the first time.
- Landing AI launch landing edge – Landing AI, a leading industrial AI innovators has brought out Landing Edge. This new AI edge deployment application helps deploy deep learning visual inspection solutions to the factory floor.
- New AI chips with lower power – Texas Instruments have developed new AM62 processors that allow edge AI processing with reduced power consumption.
- Canvass.ai secure patent – Canvass have managed to secure a patent for its industrial AI platform. The system allows employees to get greater insights and better decision making as well as reduce complexity.
AI research – June 2022
Over the past 5 years, there has been an explosion of research into AI. Every week, new research is released and opportunities created. Here are few this month:
AI Surveys, reports and research – June 2022
One of the greatest way to benchmark thinking is by looking at the latest international reports. Here are some featured this month:
AI in government – June 2022
In any organisation, you should keep an eye on AI legislation. This is a brief take around the world.
- Governance toolkit – The Singapore government have designed a toolkit to check the governance of AI. Maybe a credible idea for all governments to have?
AI deeper thinking and opinion – June 2022
AI is developing at a huge pace, it is sometimes good to take stock and look at the possibilities, opportunities as well as potential issues. Here are a few interesting articles this month:
- The Google engineer who thinks the company’s AI has come to life – AI is besieged with arguments with levels of intelligence. This article has created an internet storm about the intelligence of modern AI.
Brief insight – I am a firm believer in developing a intelligence scale for AI. This way, we can gauge the level of intelligence as well as barometer for new AI development. Car automation has a scale such a scale and this works well. AI could benefit vastly from this.
- No minds without other minds – On Artificial Intelligence And The Nature Of Animal Consciousness
- Truth about AI ROI – An interesting article on measuring AI ROI.
Brief insight – There are aspect of this article I do not agree with. I think that all AI, like any aspect of a business should be measured. By measuring ROI you can really focus on the focus and effectiveness of the AI. Without a ROI, the temptation will be to just to produce AI rather than make it effective AI.