Tuesday, 7 December, 2021
An interesting policy discussion document has been released by the BCS – The chartered Institute for IT about a National AI Strategy for the UK. The report echoes the UK National Data Strategy and UK AI Council Roadmap.
The idea is to embrace a national data and digital infrastructure. The report concentrates on four national strategy outcomes where the computing professionals can make a difference and make Information technology a benefit to the public.
The key main areas covered are:
- Trust in AI
- Making AI diverse and inclusive
- AI qualifications to close digital divide
- Reduction of sustainable decarbonisation
The document is for anyone in private, public sector computer and ICT technology who are interested in implementing AI.
There are lots of good points that include:
- Computer professionals should solid harness partnership with the government
- Advance education to in computing and information technology for the benefit of the public
- Build public trust in data, algorithms as this is crucial
- Attracting AI professionals with diverse and inclusive backgrounds
- Concentrate on encouraging the right skills and education
- Encourage sustainable decarbonisation
- Create conditions in the UK to help scale up the use of AI
The report has some good thinking for government and national policy. Any thinking that encourages the adoption of AI and skilling is good. There are some practical advice for implementing as well as solving some national and international issues. What is clear is that there should be a National Strategy for AI and integrated roll-out for success.
More related links
BCS Priories for the national AI strategy (PDF)
BSC – The Chartered Institute of IT website
National AI Council AI roadmap (PDF)
UK Government data strategy
About Mike Nash
With my innovative AI finder service, I can help you find and build the best AI team.
I also work with companies and clients around the world offering the latest AI advice. After many years creating and running successful businesses, I bring a wealth of commercially minded experience to help achieve the best with AI possible.
So whether you are start-up or multinational/government get in contact today and will be happy to started.